THE RESULTS OF INVENTORY AND THE REVALORISATION CONCEPT OF A HISTORICAL PALACE AND PARK COMPLEX IN MIĘDZYRZEC PODLASKI (LUBELSKIE VOIVODESHIP)
 
More details
Hide details
1
Uniwersytet Przyrodniczy w Lublinie
2
Uniwersytet Przyrodniczy w Lublinie
Publication date: 2017-09-30
 
Acta Sci. Pol. Formatio Circumiectus 2017;16(3):125–138
 
KEYWORDS
ABSTRACT
The study covers a part of the palace and park complex in Międzyrzec Podlaski with an area of ​​6.09 hectares. The historical shape of the composition of the park was based on the analysis of archive materials and fieldwork. The aim of the study was to draw up a concept of revalorisation of the palace and park complex. The first wooden main building in Międzyrzec was built by Gabriel Tęczyński in the early seventeenth century. Later Międzyrzec belonged to many wealthy families, including the Potocki family (owners of Wilanów). Up to our times there has survived the mass of the palace, designed by Antonio Dygat, which comes from the 30s of the twentieth century. The property is registered as a monument which belongs to the Municipality and it houses the Municipal Cultural Centre. Today’s complex is the result of overlapping of the successive stylistic phases, starting from the court with Renaissance gardens divided into sections, through the baroque and neoclassical gardens up to the landscape park. Currently, the area of ​​the whole complex is neglected. There are visible dying trees, weed seeds and informal traffic routes.
ISSN:1644-0765